Balsamic Chicken is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner your whole family will love! Made with simple, real ingredients – feel free to serve as-is or over some angel hair pasta. Cannot wait for you to try this one!
Balsamic Chicken is an easy and delicious one-skillet balsamic chicken recipe that perfect as-is or you can serve over pasta!
Best Ever Balsamic Chicken
This is one of those go-to weeknight recipes that I just love to have on my weekly menu! It is light, fresh and packed with flavor. Feel free to serve with some angel hair pasta (regular or gluten-free noodles), eat it as-is or serve with some roasted broccolini. No matter how you serve it – you are going to want to put this on your weekly rotation!
One reason this recipe is just so DANG good – the amazing Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena from Primal Kitchen. Made with simple, real ingredients and it is even Whole30-Approved! While this particular recipe isn’t Whole30, this amazing balsamic vinegar also works amazing in this Whole30-friendly Bruschetta Chicken recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
- Balsamic Reduction: we reduce our balsamic mixture in a cast iron skillet (the width of the pan makes this process real quick)!
- Tomato Mixture: a combination of delicious flavors that pair perfectly with both chicken and the balsamic reduction.
- Flattened Chicken Breasts: we flatten them so they cook faster and in a uniform manner – don’t skip this step!
- One Skillet: I love how everything is in one simple skillet!
What You Will Need
- Primal Kitchen’s Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: I cannot recommend this product enough – absolutely love it!
- soy sauce (or coconut aminos) + lemon juice + garlic: these are combined with the balsamic vinegar to create a flavorful reductions.
- cherry tomatoes+ mozzarella pearls +fresh basil + olive oil + kosher salt: these ingredients create that delicious and light tomato mixture that is put into the oven with the chicken and balsamic reduction.
- chicken breasts: we use boneless, skinless breasts for this recipe – boneless chicken thighs could work too, just adjust the cooking time.
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil: this is used to sear the chicken in.
- angel hair pasta + fresh basil: you can serve as-is or on some pasta! Don’t forget to garnish with more fresh basil!
How to Make Balsamic Chicken
Combine the Balsamic Ingredients and set aside.
Combine the Tomato Mixture and set aside.
Using the flat side of meat tenderizer flatten out your chicken breasts.
Pat dry with clean paper towel and then season generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Sear chicken breasts on both sides. Then reduce heat a bit and keep flipping every 2-4 minutes until they reach an internal temp of 160 degrees F.
Take chicken out and set aside. Add in balsamic mixture and bring to a simmer. Whisk continually as it cooks down for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken back and (maybe give them a flip or two coat in the balsamic mixture).
Add tomato mixture over top and place in the oven.
Let rest for a bit and then garnish with additional fresh basil.
Serve as-is if you want!